How can I join GCU?
Anyone over the age of 18 who lives or works within the County of Gloucestershire can apply for membership to Gloucestershire Credit Union Ltd. Under 18′s are not members but can have a Junior Saver account
To join, you need to provide
- Proof of your identity. This should be photographic such as
- a valid passport
- a national identity card
- a new style driving license
- a Citizen Card Proof of Age – ID card
If no photograph is available then a supporting letter signed by your GP, social worker, solicitor, etc. will do
- Proof of your address such as
- a counterpart or old style driving license
- a utility bill or bank statement
- a Council Tax or benefits letter
Any correspondence should be originals and dated within the last three months
- £3.00 joining fee (not applicable to Junior Savers)
- £1.00 to remain in your share account in order to keep the account open
The application form can be download from the download section.
How soon and how much can I borrow from GCU?
We would expect you to save regularly for about 12 weeks before allowing you a loan. The size of the loan will depend on the amount you have saved, how much you need, what you can afford to repay, and will be linked to our rules on lending.
How can I make payments?
All of our collection points allow you to pay in money to your savings account or to repay a loan.
How do I withdraw my savings?
You can withdraw your savings at anytime. As long as you leave at least £1 in your account you can still save with GCU. Just fill in a withdrawal form and we can send the money directly to your bank account by BACS or we can give you the cash if collect it from a collection point, this will require 7 days notice.
How do I request a statement?
Just ask at your local collection point and we will get a statement sent to you in the post